Measurements can be triggered in the following methods:
- Static Points
- Manually using keyboard or remote control
- Distance trigger - when the SMR has moved a predefined distance in the software, a measurement will be taken
- Time Trigger - when a certain amount of time has elapsed, a measurement will be taken. CAM2 X1 does not support this measurement option. CAM2 Q, Measure 10, and CAM2 do.
- Other ways used less often
- TTL Trigger - the tracker can take measurements using a TTL trigger connected to the MCU providing a voltage. When the voltage is reduced from 5 V to 0 V, the measurement will begin. CAM2 Q, Measure 10, and CAM2 does support this measurement option but CAM2 X1 does not.
- Stable Trigger - CAM2 Q, Measure 10, and CAM2Q has the ability to take measurements after it has determined that the target it stable (to within predefined amount) for a desired amount of time.