Please familiarize yourself with the graphics card system requirements found in the User Manuals for FARO® Measure 10, Q, Smart Inspect, SCENE, WebShare, Webshare 2Go, and Webshare Cloud or search this knowledge base to find the graphics card requirements. Graphics cards are also known as video cards or graphics processing units (GPUs).
The NVIDIA Quadro graphics card is commonly used to support high-performance, professional computer-aided design (CAD), computer-generated imagery (CGI), digital content creation (DCC) software applications, such as those made by FARO. The model numbers of the NVIDIA Quadro graphics cards indicate performance characteristics. The performance characteristics of the graphics card should compliment the performance characteristics of your computer.
NVIDIA uses a schema to describe the characteristics of each model graphics card. Both the sequence of the numbers and the numbers themselves have meaning.
Here is the meaning of the number sequence that makes up the model number.
|Second digit||Performance indicator|
|Third digit||Refined performance indicator|
|Forth digit||Often just zero (0)|
Here are the meanings of numbers that make up the model number.
|1||Integrated graphics product, very low performance|
|3-4||Low to mid-range performance|
|9||Ultra high performance|
Model 4800 is a 4th-generation graphics card in the 800 performance series. That means it performs better than a model 4600.
What is the difference between a model 3800 and a model 4800?
Each generation is a step up in performance, so a 3800 is roughly equivalent to a 4600 in terms of performance. This is a very rough indicator may vary. If you have a choice, always get the latest generation graphics card.
Is there a tool that can help me choose the best graphics card model for me?
Here is a link where you can compare and contrast different model video cards: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-K1100M-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-FX-880M/m10244vsm7780.
Are there more resources available to help me choose?
The NVIDIA support website has many resources available to help you choose the best graphics card for your computer. If you have a NVIDIA graphics card, this site is very helpful: http://www.nvidia.com./page/support.html.
- How can I determine and set my primary graphics card
- How do I update my NVIDIA graphics card driver
- What are the specifications for the the NVIDIA graphics card packaged in the M6300 Dell laptop recommended by FARO for Polyworks
- Can a NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M graphics card with the M6500 model laptops be used with the 3D capabilities with Scene 5.x
- If Measure Q or Measure does not display properly, if the software crashes, or if Microsoft Direct X error appears, what can I do
- What can I do to clear SCENE error code 100 -- Failed to initialize the opengl window
- What can I do if I am having viewing issues with FARO SCENE and third-party or high end graphics card
screen rewrite, screen graphics, screen video, display, image display, Webshare Cloud, Webshare Server, Capture and Process, SCENE LT