Click the link below to download the latest FARO® CAM2® SmartInspect Basic and Pro software. If you need an earlier version, click here.
SmartInspect software works best with your FARO Gage and FaroArm devices when you use the latest version. The newest version includes bug fixes and features that can make it easier to get your job done quickly. This article shows you how to download the latest or earlier software versions.
CAUTION: If you use software or hardware from a third-party vendor who makes FARO compatible products, check with them to be sure the product you are using is compatible with the latest SmartInspect software BEFORE you install the latest version. If you are using the vendor recommended version, do not change it. If you are not using the recommended Smartinspect version and the product is not compatible with the latest Smartinspect, see the earlier versions list in this article to find a one the vendor recommends.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||30 minutes|
|Supported Software||Click here for Microsoft Windows compatibility|
Download and Save SmartInspect
- Download either the latest or earlier software as needed.
- Click the link for the appropriate computer processor and whether or not you want the full version of the software.
- It may take a few minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in progress.
When the download is complete, you should see the SmartInspect software in your browser's download folder.
- Copy the software to your storage media for safe keeping.
There are times when it may be best to use a version of SmartInspect other than the latest version. Here are some examples.
- When you use software or hardware from third-party vendors who makes FARO compatible products, these vendors may not change their tools or software at the same time FARO does. So, to remain compatible, you may need to use an earlier version of SmartInspect. Contact the third-party vendor for details about which SmartInspect version is compatible with their products.
- When a FARO Support agent asks you to use an earlier software version.
These versions have been discontinued and are no longer being developed. Therefore, this software is now in Legacy status. FARO supports Legacy software for the length of time stated in your license agreement. This article will remain available for your convenience during that time. If you would like to learn about the SmartInspect software FARO is actively developing, click here.
|12 May 2015||22.214.171.124||64 & 32-bit|
|19 Dec 2014||1.2.1||64 & 32-bit|
|19 Nov 2013||1.1.0||64 & 32-bit|
|30 Jul 2013||1.0.1||64 & 32-bit|
arm, portlock, HASP, HL, measurement software, inspection software