Here is all you have to do. Click the links to see details.
CAM2 SmartInspect works best with your metrology devices when you use the latest version. The newest version includes bug fixes and features that can make it easier to get your job done quickly.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||20 minutes|
|Supported Software||-May 2015 and later releases--Windows 7, Windows Vista
-Releases prior to May 2015--Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP with Service Pack 3
Download and Save CAM2 SmartInspect
- Click here and follow the instructions to download the software.
- When the download is complete, go to Install with your Native Language to continue.
Install with Your Native Language
You can install and localize SmartInspect so that it uses your native language.
- Double-click the SmartInspect.exe file. The Language dialog box appears.
- Drop down the language list and select your language. English is the default language.
- Click OK and follow the prompts to install CAM2 SmartInspect.
- Double-click the SmartInspect icon to open it.
- Go to Update your License to continue.
Update Your License
After you install CAM2 SmartInspect and open it for the fist time, you automatically get a 30-day trial license. After 30 days, you may be prompted for a license key. If this happens, you cannot use the software without entering an up-to-date license key or attaching an up-to-date dongle.
Enter an Up-To-Date License Key
CAM2 SmartInspect runs in trial mode until you provide a valid license key. These steps show you how to enter an up-to-date license key. Click here to attach an up-to-date dongle instead.
- If you have an up-to-date maintenance plan, make sure you are connected to the internet, then go to Start > FARO > SmartInspect > Faro License Update Client and click Start to add the latest version to your license. SmartInspect is ready to use.
- If this does not work or you do not have internet access, contact FARO Support to add the latest version to your license.
Attach an Up-To-Date Dongle
If you attach the dongle before opening SmartInspect, it should open without the license prompt and be ready to use.
If SmartInspect is already open and you see the license prompt, follow these steps.
- Close both the license prompt and CAM2 SmartInspect.
- Attach the dongle and reopen CAM2 SmartInspect.
portlock, HASP, HL