After having installed SCENECT you may use it for 30 days without a license key. After the 30 days trial period, you need a license key to further use the software. This license is free of charge. Request the free license key from FARO with SCENECT’s license manager that is available in the main menu under Help > Licensing.
- Press the Send button to generate a license request file. This file does not contain any private data. It only contains the product name and your system ID (MAC address of your network adapter). This information is needed to generate the key for your system.
- In case an E-Mail client is properly installed on your system an automatically generated E-Mail with the license request file attached will be opened. Just send this E-Mail to the provided address.
- In case an E-Mail client is not installed on your system, you will have to manually send the generated license request file to FARO. You may find this file in your local user folder under "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\FARO\SCENE\Data\Licensing". It is the file with the extension .lr.
- Attach it to an E-Mail and send it to: SCENE-Licensing@faroeurope.com
- Once the E-Mail with the license request file has been sent to FARO you will receive an automatic E-Mail with your valid license key. Copy this key to the Add new license input field in the license manager and press the Add button. After adding the license key press OK or Apply. SCENECT should then be licensed for your system and the license should appear in the list. It is valid for one year and must be renewed when it is expired.
Note: If you change your hardware or if you want to use SCENECT on a different computer, you will need a new license, as the license is bound to a system ID.
SceneEct, License key, Licensing SceneEct