- Click the link below to download the latest FARO® SCENE software. If you need an earlier version, click here.
Release Date Version 13 Dec 2017 126.96.36.199
- Download the release notes to learn what is new in the latest version.
- Using third-party software with SCENE? Click here to select an earlier version of the software that is right for you.
- Check that your operating system is compatible with the software to continue.
In this 15-minute YouTube video, FARO Sales Engineer Si Horton, shows you how to use each of the newest features of the 7.1 release. This video is the first of a two-part series. In Part two, Si shows you how to use the new 7.1 virtual reality features. Cannot access YouTube? Download Here
With FARO SCENE software you can scan three dimensional, complex forms by creating point cloud data. SCENE integrates seamlessly with FARO® Laser Scanner Focus and FARO® Scanner Freestyle product lines. SCENE works best when you use the latest software version. Upgrade releases offer new ease-of-use features that help you get your job done quicker and easier, as well as bug fixes. With each new version, you increase your work efficiency and get more done with less effort. You can download either the latest or earlier versions of the software from this article.
CAUTION: If you use software or hardware from a third-party vendor who makes FARO compatible products, check with them to be sure the product you are using is compatible with the latest SCENE software BEFORE you install the latest version. If you are using the vendor recommended version, do not change it. If you are not using the recommended SCENE version and the product is not compatible with the latest SCENE version, see the earlier versions list in this article to find one the vendor recommends.Back to top
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||30 minutes|
Download and Save SCENE
- From the list of latest or earlier software, click an appropriate language and/or computer processor link. A window appears showing the software file name you want to download.
- Click Save File. The download begins. It may take a several minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in process. When the download is complete, the SCENE installation setup.exe file appears in your browser's download folder.
- Copy the setup.exe file to a safe location on your computer's hard drive. Write down the location so you can refer to it later.
- To continue, check that your Microsoft Windows operating system is compatible with the software before you install and run it.
Visit the FARO Academy and let FARO expert trainers with years of hands-on field experience save your time by starting you off right using FARO products. Review a variety of flexible training options including free online training courses, on-demand videos, instructor-lead live training, or customized training. First learn the basics, then, grow you own FARO experiences by refreshing your training as new software features are released.
- FARO Software Installation and Upgrade Instructions
- SCENE User Manual Download
- SCENE Training Manual Download
- SCENE Technical Specifications Download
- Warranty Benefits and Management
Most of the software versions in this table are discontinued and are no longer being developed. Discontinued software is considered Legacy. FARO supports Legacy software for the length of time stated in your license agreement. To learn about the work efficiency features available in the newest version of SCENE, click here.
When you use software or hardware from third-party vendors who make FARO compatible products, these vendors may not change their tools or software at the same time FARO does. So, to remain compatible, you may need to use an earlier version of SCENE. Contact the third-party vendor for details about which SCENE version is compatible with their products.
In the table below, click a link to download the SCENE version that is right for you. For earlier version Release Notes, click here.
|8 Sep 2017||[Legacy] 188.8.131.52||64-bit|
|21 Jul 2017||[Legacy] 184.108.40.206||64-bit|
|8 Sep 2016||[Legacy] 220.127.116.11||64-bit|
|11 Aug 2016||[Legacy] 18.104.22.168||64-bit|
|10 Dec 2015||[Legacy] 5.5.3||64-bit|
|22 Jun 2015||[Legacy] 5.4.10||64-Bit|
|14 Aug 2014||[Legacy] 5.3.3||64-Bit|
|7 Apr 2014||[Legacy] 5.2.6||64-Bit|
|7 May 2013||[Legacy] 5.1.6||64-Bit|
|23 Apr 2012||[Legacy] 5.0.1||64-Bit
|8 Nov 2011||[Legacy] 4.8.4||64-Bit
|29 Sep 2010||[Legacy] 4.7.1||64-Bit
|19 Nov 2009||[Legacy] 4.6.62||32-Bit|
focus, 3d, scanner LS, LS, FARO Scanner LS, portlock, HASP, HL