- Click one of these links to download the latest FARO® SCENE software from a regional website for the selected language.
Release Date Version Download 25 Jul 2017 18.104.22.168
- Download the release notes to learn what is new in the latest version.
- Using third-party software with SCENE? Click here to select an earlier version of the software that is right for you.
- Check that your operating system is compatible with the software to continue.
In this 3-part YouTube playlist, FARO Sales Engineer Si Horton shows you the new features of SCENE 7.0. Cannot access YouTube? Click here to download these videos.
With FARO SCENE software you can scan three dimensional, complex forms by creating point cloud data. SCENE integrates seamlessly with FARO® Laser Scanner Focus and FARO® Scanner Freestyle product lines. SCENE works best when you use the latest software version. Upgrade releases offer new ease-of-use features that help you get your job done quicker and easier, as well as bug fixes. With each new version, you increase your work efficiency and get more done with less effort. You can download either the latest or earlier versions of the software from this article.
CAUTION: If you use software or hardware from a third-party vendor who makes FARO compatible products, check with them to be sure the product you are using is compatible with the latest SCENE software BEFORE you install the latest version. If you are using the vendor recommended version, do not change it. If you are not using the recommended SCENE version and the product is not compatible with the latest SCENE version, see the earlier versions list in this article to find one the vendor recommends.Back to top
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||30 minutes|
Download and Save SCENE
- From the list of latest or earlier software, click an appropriate language and/or computer processor link. A window appears showing the software file name you want to download.
- Click Save File. The download begins. It may take a several minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in process. When the download is complete, the SCENE installation setup.exe file appears in your browser's download folder.
- Copy the setup.exe file to a safe location on your computer's hard drive. Write down the location so you can refer to it later.
- To continue, check that your Microsoft Windows operating system is compatible with the software before you install and run it.
There are times when it may be best to use a version of SCENE software other than the latest version. Here are some examples.
- When you use software or hardware from third-party vendors who make FARO compatible products, these vendors may not change their tools or software at the same time FARO does. So, to remain compatible, you may need to use an earlier version of SCENE. Contact the third-party vendor for details about which SCENE version is compatible with their products.
- When a FARO Support agent asks you to use an earlier software version.
In the table below, click a link to download the SCENE version that is right for you. Click here to download release notes and learn about what has changed in each version of SCENE.
The software versions in this table are discontinued and are no longer being developed. Discontinued software is considered Legacy. FARO supports Legacy software for the length of time stated in your license agreement. Click here learn about what's new in the newest version of SCENE.
|21 July, 2017||22.214.171.124||64-bit|
|8 Sept, 2016||126.96.36.199||64-bit|
|11 Aug, 2016||188.8.131.52||64-bit|
|10 Dec, 2015||5.5.3||64-bit|
|22 Jun, 2015||5.4.10||64-Bit|
|14 Aug, 2014||5.3.3||64-Bit|
|7 Apr, 2014||5.2.6||64-Bit|
|7 May, 2013||5.1.6||64-Bit|
|23 Apr, 2012||5.0.1||64-Bit
|8 Nov, 2011||4.8.4||64-Bit
|29 Sept, 2010||4.7.1||64-Bit
|19 Nov, /2009||4.6.62||32-Bit|
focus, 3d, scanner LS, LS, FARO Scanner LS, portlock, HASP, HL