SCENE LT is free software, and as of version 6.0 you no longer need a license key to run it. You can upgrade it or run it on different computers without a license.
If you are using SCENE LT 5.5 or earlier, after the 30-day trial you need a license key. If you want to use SCENE LT on a different computer, you need a new key. The key is linked to the computer system ID.
This article shows you how to install SCENE LT, get a license key if applicable, and apply it.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||30 minutes|
Get and Apply a License Key for SCENE LT Versions 5.5 or Earlier
- On the SCENE LT main menu go to Help > Licensing.
- Click Send to generate a license request file. This file does not contain any private data. It only contains the product name and your system ID (MAC address of your network adapter). This information is needed to generate the key for your system.
- Send the system ID to FARO.
- If an email client is properly installed on your system, an automatically generated email with the license request file attached will be opened. Just send this email to the address provided.
- If an email client is not installed on your system, manually send the generated license request file to FARO. You may find this file in your local user folder under C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\FARO\SCENE\Data\Licensing. It is the file with the .lr extension. Attach it to an email and send it to: SCENE-Licensing@faroeurope.com
- Once the email with the license request file has been sent to FARO you will receive an automatic email with your license key. Copy this key to the Add new license field in the license manager, click Add, and then OK or Apply.
The license key should appear in the list and you should be should be able to use SCENE LT.
- Where can I download the latest and earlier versions of FARO SCENE LT
- How do I obtain the MAC address of my computer
- Where can I find the latest and earlier versions of the SCENE LT User Manual
- Where can I download the FARO SCENE 5 Training Manual
- Where can I find the technical specifications for FARO SCENE
focus, 3d, Scanner LS, LS, FARO Scanner LS, HASP, HL light, lite, product key, license key