FARO Zone 3D comes with pre-loaded form templates, but you can create your own in order to fulfill specific requirements.
- Open the HOME ribbon and make sure the project measurement units are set to inches and the project is in 2D mode.
- On the DRAW/EDIT ribbon, click the Rectangle tool .
- Use the Rectangle window to draw a rectangle with the appropriate form dimensions. Usually, this is an 8.5x11-inch rectangle.
- You can add existing form templates by clicking the Template option in the POWER TOOLS ribbon or import images with the Import option on the HOME ribbon.
Note: You can create your own form templates by drawing lines and rectangles, and using the text tool.
- When the form is ready, click Forms on the POWER TOOLS ribbon and click Create Form .
- A green rectangle appears and represents the area of your form where your diagram will be displayed. Move and size the rectangle appropriately.
- When you are satisfied with your form, click Save in the Forms menu.
Using a Custom Form
- When you have finished a 2D diagram, open the Forms menu on the POWER TOOLS ribbon.
- Select your custom form, and the current project diagram will be automatically inserted in the form.
- To edit form text, click a text box and enter the new text in the Text field.
Note: If a collection of text boxes are grouped together, you will have to separate them by pressing Explode in the text properties window before you can edit a text box.