- Check that your computer meets the recommended requirements before you download the software.
- Ensure you have administrator privileges on your computer and turn off all anti-virus and firewall software.
- Click the links below to download the release notes and the latest or earlier versions of FARO® Zone 3D software.
Work in a high security computing environment? When you click the Download link below instead of downloading the .exe file, download the .txt in the ExeRenamedToTxt folder, and when the download is complete, change the file extension to .exe.
- Install the software.
- Turn anti-virus and firewall software back on.
See details below.
You may also update your FARO Zone software to the latest version using the “Program Patch” link on the home screen. Program patches are typically smaller in size than the full download resulting in quicker downloads.
- Click the “Program Patch” link on the FARO Zone home screen.
- When prompted, click the Download and Install button.
- After the download is complete, click the Launch Installation File button. Follow the prompts to install the update.
FARO software works best when you use the latest version. Update releases offer new ease-of use features that help you get your job done quicker and easier, as well as bug fixes. With each new version, you increase your work efficiency and get more done with less effort. You can book mark and visit the FARO Zone home page to stay informed about new software releases.
- Ensure you have administrator privileges on your computer. If you do not, contact your IT department.
- Turn off all anti-virus and firewall software, as it can affect installing FARO® software. We will remind you to turn it back on again at the end of this process. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the software, double-click the downloaded file to begin the install process. Follow the prompts to finish the installation. This may take several minutes.
- If you turned off anti-virus and firewall software before you started the install process, turn it back on before you use the software. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- Proceed to License Activation for FARO Zone to activate your software.
Visit the FARO Academy and let FARO expert trainers with years of hands-on field experience save your time by starting you off right using FARO products. Review a variety of flexible training options including free online training courses, on-demand videos, instructor-lead live training, or customized training. First learn the basics, then, grow you own FARO experiences by refreshing your training as new software features are released.
- License Activation for FARO Zone
- User Manual for FARO Zone 3D
- Technical Specification Sheet for FARO Zone 3D
- About FARO Software License Keys, Activating, and Updating
- General: Warranty-Training-Corporate
zone3d, upgrade, new release, maintenance release