Crash animations typically involve multiple cars. FARO Zone 3D contains tools to help you synchronize animations.
Placing and Synchronizing Vehicles
Place cars and create paths as shown in the Simple Single Car Animation article.
To sync animations, click an animation Key Event Point (KEP) and click Sync in the Animation Path KEP window. Assign that KEP a number.
Assign the same number to each symbol's KEP that is to be synchronized at the same position. When the animation is played, the symbols will arrive at the KEPs with the same number at the same time.
- Animations may be delayed to ensure their KEPs remain synced.
- Points of meeting (such as a collision) will need the same sync number.
- Objects don't have to collide to be synced.
- If you have multiple synchronization points, they will need unique numbers.
- Use the KEP Manager to edit KEP properties to precisely control symbol animation between points.