- Check that you meet the prerequisites listed in the Prepare section below. Click + to expand this section and - to collapse it.
- Create a Project Point Cloud in FARO® SCENE with the New Interface or the Classic Interface.
- Export a Project .lsproj File in SCENE with the New Interface or the Classic Interface.
- Open FARO SCENE Project Point Cloud Files in FARO Zone 3D Advanced.
The FARO® Laser Scanner scan data and SCENE point clouds can be opened, enhanced, and augmented in FARO Zone 3D Advanced. Because the point cloud files are quite large, you get the best performance from FARO Zone 3D Advanced when you create a SCENE Project Point Cloud to manage the point cloud file size, export it from SCENE, and import it into FARO Zone 3D Advanced.
Once in FARO Zone 3D Advanced , the project point cloud scan points automatically and incrementally appear on your computer display, based on the current view point. As you change the view point, scan points are constantly loading from the hard disk to the display. The speed of the hard disk affects how quickly the display responds. To get the best display speed, use a solid state hard disk drive.
We have provided step-by-step details and instructional videos in this series of articles. To view them all, or any one of them, just click the sequence dots at the top of the articles. You can go forward and backward or skip around.
You can also navigate the series by clicking the previous and next links found under the sequence dots.
|Time to Complete||
Average time for all tasks in the series: 60 minutes
- User Manuals and Quick Start Guides for the Focus Laser Scanner
- User Manual for SCENE
- User Manual for FARO Zone 3D
zone3d, fz3, zone3d, 3d, getting started, get started