- Make sure you have administrator privileges on your computer and turn off all anti-virus and firewall software.
- Click these links to download and save the release notes and all the components of the latest FARO® RayTracer™ Software Suite.
- Install MATLAB 2007b as an administrator.
- Install RayTracer Admin Setup, Operator Setup, and Laser Setup in this order as an administrator.
- Install RayTracer ATC Bug Fix as an administrator.
- Turn anti-virus and firewall software back on.
See details below.
The RayTracer Software Suite, used with the FARO® TracerM Laser Projector, has two major components: RayTracer Administrator and RayTracer Operator. With these components, you can create 3D laser projected templates that guide manufacturing processes to ensure accurate, high-quality production. Specified user access levels, as well as predetermined sequences of operating steps, help impose strict production rules on production work processes.
With RayTracer Administrator you set up a RayTracer database, manipulate its components, configure jobs and control parameters, edit projection data and reference tool data, create user names and passwords, and more. Its easy-to-use interface allows multiple document handling, copying and pasting, layered tree structure viewing, and other options.
RayTracer Operator is an intuitive and user-friendly program that enables the TracerM to project 3D templates. With RayTracer Operator, you can retrieve and execute pre-configured jobs from a RayTracer database, but cannot change the content.
RayTracer works best when you use the latest version. Update releases offer new ease-of use features that help you get your job done quicker and easier, as well as bug fixes. With each new version, you increase your work efficiency and get more done with less effort. By keeping your warranty up to date, you get access to the latest software.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||20 minutes|
|Supported Windows Operating Systems||
|Supported Hardware||FARO® TracerM Laser Projector|
Before You Begin
- In the Prepare section above, click + to expand the section and check the Supported Operating Systems for comparability.
- Click here to view system requirements and check that your computer is compatible with the latest RayTracer Software Suite.
- On the computer where you plan to install RayTracer, make sure you have administrator privileges. If you do not, contact your IT department.
- Turn off all anti-virus and firewall software, as it can affect downloading and installing FARO software. We will remind you to turn it back on again at the end of this process. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- Download and save the release notes and all these components of the latest RayTracer Software before you start the installation process.
- MATLAB Component Runtime (MCR) Installer 2007b—MCRInstaller_2007B.zip
- RayTracer Administrator Setup—AdminSetup.exe
- RayTracer Operator Setup—OperatorSetup.exe
- RayTracer Laser Setup—LaserSetup.exe
- RayTracer 5.3.4 ATC Bug Fix—RayTracerV5.3.4-ATCButFix.zip
As you continue, install all software an an administrator.
- First-time user? Go to Install MAT Lab Components Runtime and follow all the remaining instructions.
- Upgrading from version 4 or later? Exit RayTracer software. Uninstall RayTracer Admin, Operator, and Laser Setups using the Windows Control Panel. Then, go to Install Ray Tracer Components and follow all the remaining instructions.
Install MATLAB Component Runtime (MCR)
MATLAB must be correctly installed before you install RayTracer.
- Locate where you saved the MCRInstaller_2007b.zip file and expand it.
- Double-click the vcredist_x86.exe file and follow the prompts to install it. This file is the C++ 2005 library that supports the MATLAB.
- Double-click the MCRInstaller_2007b.exe file and follow the prompts to install it.
- If the installer displays a message that .NET is not installed, click OK and continue with the installation.
Install Ray Tracer Components
- Locate where you saved these RayTracer Software Suite install files.
- Following the order listed in step 1, double-click the .exe files to install the software. Use the default settings for each.
- After installation, set each of the following .exe files to Run as administrator.
- C:\program files\LPT\Raytracer Administrator\LptAdministrator.exe
- C:\program files\LPT\Raytracer Operator\LptOperator.exe
- C:\program files\LPT\Raytracer Operator\Laser\Laser.exe
- For each .exe file, right click on it and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Select Change settings for all users to bring up another dialog.
- Make sure Run the program as an administrator is checked.
- Click OK on both dialogs
Install Ray Tracer ATC Bug Fix
- Locate where you saved the RayTracerV5.3.4-ATCBugFix.zip file and expand it.
- In this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\LPT\RayTracer Operator\Laser:
- Rename the existing MatLabProc.ctf file to OLDMatLabProc.ctf. Copy the new MatLabProc.ctf to the folder.
- Rename the existing MatLabProc.dll file to OLDMatLabProc.dll. Copy the new MatLabProc.dll to the folder.
- If the MatLabProc_mcr folder exists, delete it.
- Turn all anti-virus and firewall software back on.
- Reboot the computer.
- Run RayTracer.
Visit the FARO Academy and let FARO expert trainers with years of hands-on field experience save your time by starting you off right using FARO products. Review a variety of flexible training options including free online training courses, on-demand videos, instructor-lead live training, or customized training. First learn the basics, then, grow you own FARO experiences by refreshing your training as new software features are released.