The option Optic3D allows marking on curved or stepped surfaces. A 3-axis scan head is required.
The key features are:
- Import of 3D DXF data
- Transformation of 3D lines
- Marking of 3D lines with suitable hardware
More information is available here.
WaveRunner Setup Guide
- Locate the prescription information for the optics in your system.
2. Navigate to the 3D EXT dialog in the WaveRunner software.
- Navigate to System → Setting → Optic → Advanced → Z-Correction
- Click Enable checkbox
- Click Advanced button
Note: Be sure to select "Direct Calc-Z".
3. Enter the corresponding information.
3D optic is a paid add-on feature to WaveRunner that allows marking of complex part geometry including steps, slopes, and curved surfaces in addition to field flattening.
These advanced features are enabled by providing the software with information about the optical path of the system and by leveraging the capabilities of the post-objective scanning z-axis focus mechanism. These techniques increase the dynamic performance demands of the focus mechanism significantly; it now has to operate at speeds much closer to those of the X and Y beam steering to remain in focus at all times over shaped surfaces.