It is quick and easy to install FARO software. You can even install using your native language. The installation process is the same if this is the first time you are installing FARO software or if you are upgrading an existing installation.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||20 minutes|
Install the Software
- In the folder where you saved the software, double-click the *.exe file.
- Click Yes/Run to any security warnings that might appear.
- Select your language from the drop-down menu.
- Read through the license agreement, select the I accept the agreement radio button and click Next to continue.
- You can define the installation folder for the software. It’s best to use the default location, however if you'd like to change the default installation location, click Browse to select a different folder, and then click Next to continue.
- You can define the name of the shortcut folder for the software. It’s best to use the default location, however if you'd like to change the default installation location, click Browse to select a different folder, and then click Next to continue.
- Select if you would like to have a Desktop Icon/Quick Launch icon created. Click Next to continue.
- The next screen shows an overview of the settings you selected. If you like to modify the settings, click Back to go back to the desired step and make your changes. If all details are correct, click Install to start the installation.
- During the installation, you will see a progress bar. At the end of the main installation, the installation of the license driver will begin. After the license driver installation is complete a message box is shown, click OK to close it.
- In the last step of the installation process, the setup will install any additional software needed. Do not cancel the process until complete.
- This final screen will appear when the installation is completely finished. Click Finish to exit the installer.
- Navigate to either the desktop icon or the Windows start menu entry for Visual Inspect CAD Translator.
- When starting the software for the first time, the product activation window will appear. A product key needed for activation, and will be printed on a label included in the box with the USB stick. Enter the product key in the Product Key field. After entering the product key click Activate, the activation process will now start. Please wait while the activation is processing.
- After a successful activation, a message box will appear. Click OK to close the message box and the software will start. If the activation failed, you will get an error message. In this case, please contact FARO support.