Many times, Koppa spheres are used in environments such as oil fields or refineries and might require some cleaning from time to time. Follow these steps from the manufacturer to keep your spheres in prime scanning shape.
- Use a little grease-cutting dish soap, and a soft scrub brush. Once they are all clean, just leave them in the sun to dry.
- The paint on the spheres is thick, so for heavy marks you can use an emery board (foam core white 100grit works well) to lightly sand those spots. Many times, they can be removed using this method. Just keep sanding to a minimum!
- Once spheres are washed clean, you can also mask off the base with a bit of painter’s tape, and give them a couple light coats of flat white spray paint – (Rustoleum X2 is a good option).
- Just spray a few very light coats on and they’ll be almost as good as new. A few light mist coats are MUCH better than one heavy coat.
- Avoid sprays with really "hot" solvents, such as lacquers.