Important FARO® Laser Scanner operations, sensor data, as well as warnings, and errors are saved to the log file on the scanner. Having this file can help FARO Support Agents identify problems and the cause of possible errors.
Send in Your Log File
- On your scanner, go to Manage > Service > Log File and click Export.
- When the export is complete, extract the SD card by pulling the release underneath the scanner and lightly pushing on the card to eject it.
- Insert the SD card into the SD reader on your computer.
- Access the contents of the SD card. How you do this depends on your operating system.
On Windows 10
- If the the SD card window appears displaying the folder structure, go to step 5.
- If the SD card window does not appear, in the Search Windows field (near the square windows logo in the bottom-left of your screen), type This PC. Click This PC to open it. Under Devices and drives, click on the SD card to open it. Go to step 5.
- If the AutoPlay window appears, click Open folder to view files. The folder structure on the SD card appears. Go to step 5.
- If the AutoPlay window does not appear, click Start (the round Windows logo at the bottom-left ) and in the Search field type Computer. Click Computer to open it. Under Devices with Removable Storage, double-click SD card to open it. Go to step 5.
- In the folder structure, right-click the the Logfile folder.
- In the menu, click Send to and click Compressed (zipped) folder. Wait for the system to make a Logfile.zip compressed file. This may take a while depending on how many log files you have.
- Email Logfile.zip to firstname.lastname@example.org.
archive file, archive report, operations list, operations file