Recent Android 11 updates have changed various network settings of the mobile phone which has caused USB-tethering connections to the Freestyle 2 to no longer function.
- Download the latest Freestyle 2 PC Admin Utility:
- Once downloaded, copy the file to a USB stick/thumbdrive. Eject the drive from your PC and plug it into an available USB port of the Freestyle2 Mobile PC.
- Connect the mobile phone to the Freestyle 2 via WiFi, see the User Manual for more information.
- Via the Freestyle 2 user interface, navigate to Settings > Administration > Operations > PC Admin Server > Install PC Admin Server from USB drive.
- Tap the Install button and then Confirm.
- Once the installation is complete, the Freestyle2 Mobile PC will be automatically restarted.
- Return to the Freestyle 2 user interface, navigate to Settings > Administration > Operations > Mobile PC (located at the bottom).
- Tap Reconfigure Network Settings > Confirm. Allow one minute for the configuration to complete before proceeding.
- Reboot the Freestyle 2 Mobile PC manually (cycle power on/off).
- USB-tethering connectivity should now be restored. Connect the mobile phone to the Freestyle 2 via USB, it may take up to one minute to connect.