In order to use the foam probe, one must determine the effective probe radius.
- Calibrate the ¼” or 6 mm ball probe as usual.
- Measure a plane on a hard flat surface.
- Measure a point in the cone of the Foam Probe with several hits.
- Dimension the distance between the point and the plane.
- Twice this value should be entered in the probe menu as the probe diameter when foam probe is in use, and when correct probe compensation is required.
Click here to download: Probe Calibration Procedure for Foam Probe
Keywords: custom probe, probes, probe, calibration, foam probe, disc probe