The FARO® FocusS and FocusM have an integrated WLAN module that allows you to remotely connect to the scanner and remotely access the UI with a standard web browser. You can also view scan files on the scanner SD memory card.
Connecting to the Focus
To view settings, go to General Settings > WLAN.
The WLAN Settings menu will provide important information for establishing a connection with a PC or mobile device.
Note: WLAN settings can only be modified on the scanner user interface and not with the remote interface.
- Status - Toggle this to the ON position to allow a WLAN connection.
- Network Name - When you scan for remote connections on your PC or mobile device, you will see this name.
- IP Address - You will need this address to connect directly with your internet browser.
There are two WLAN mode settings available.
- WLAN - Connects to the scanner through a local network. Data transfer rates depend on the network and can reach 150 Mbit/s in 5GHz networks.
- Access Point - Connects to the scanner through the scanner's network. The data transfer rate is limited to 54 Mbit/s.
For additional connection information, download the Focus scanner manual.
Controlling the Scanner
Once you have connected to the scanner, open a web browser and enter the scanner's IP Address in the address bar.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer (Version 11)
- Android Chrome
- Android Browser
- IOS Safari
To access scans on the Focus SD card, you must first enable the option in the scanner UI. Go to General Settings > Remote Access to Scans.
Once you have connected to the scanner, you can view the scan directory with your web browser. Open a supported browser and navigate to "\\[your_scanner_ipaddress]\scans"