When moving RayTracer Operator to another computer it is possible to migrate Target Position Data to the new computer.
On the old computer:
Warning: Connecting to a new database will clear the RayTracerData cache!
- Under the RayTracer Operator installation folder, browse to the RayTracerData > TOOLS folder. The XML files listed in this folder contain target XYZ positions along with the galvo positions those targets were found at.
- If you are unable to locate the XML files in the previous location, depending on your configuration and operating system, they may be located at the following location: "C:\Users\ username \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LPT\RayTracer Operator"
- Once located, copy these files to an USB thumbdrive or other transferable media.
On the new computer:
Note: Before attempting to migrate any data. On the new (target) computer, be sure to run Operator and connect to the database that contains the tool being used.
- Install and run RayTracer Operator.
- Load the job containing the tool(s) you are looking to relocate. This will create the folder location for the RayTracer data.
- Verify the folder location created, typically it will be located at:
[RayTracer Operator installation folder] /RayTracerData/TOOLS
C:\Users\ username \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LPT\RayTracer Operator
- Copy the XML files from the old computer to this location.
- Once these files are copied, an auto alignment should now be successful on the new computer.
Note: If the network file has a newer timestamp, it will overwrite the local file. To prevent this, make sure the local/workstation file has a newer timestamp.