Topic: Temperature, Humidity and Moisture
The tests with the FARO Arm should be performed in an environment where the temperature will vary by less than 3°C per 5 minutes. The ideal temperature is constant at approximately 22°C±1°C.
The FARO Arm will operate in the range of 0-45C.
A drawing file can be adjusted to the current temperature while measuring. The current temperature of the part material must also be entered. A nominal temperature of 20°C (68°F) is used. CAM2 Measure adjusts measurements to the current part temperature entered. The ability to adjust the temperature allows you to measure parts in areas that are either warmer or cooler. The results are adjusted for thermal expansion or contraction. To make temperature and material changes:
1. Place a check mark in the Temperature Compensation check box and enter a temperature and select Celsius or Fahrenheit.
2. Click the drop-down arrow and select a material from the library of materials. You will see the coefficient of linear expansion value change in the grayed-out box. You may see this value, but cannot change it.
3. If the material you are using is not available in the Material Library, and you know the coefficient of linear expansion of the material you are using, click the COEFFICIENT OF LINEAR EXPANSION radio button to enter the value.
4. Enter the Material Temperature of the part and click OK to return to the SELECT DRAWING UNITS dialogue box. Click OK again and begin measuring. WARNING: Remember that you cannot change temperatures while a file is open.
The FARO Arm is a precision measuring instrument, and while rugged for shop use, proper care must be exercised in the operating environment and use of the Faro Arm. Proper operation and care include avoiding the following:
1. Abuse (dropping, twisting at end stops, etc.)
2. Moisture and high humidity
3. Excessive temperature changes without appropriate elapsed time
With proper and thoughtful use of your Faro Arm, it will give you years of service.
The range of operation for Humidity and Moisture is 90%, non-condensing.
Keywords: Temperature, Humidity, Moisture, environment, operate, Gold, Bronze, Silver, Sterling, Millennium, serial arm, serial