Below are the steps to replace the buttons on Legacy-USB FaroArm® models (not including the Edge)
- Unplug Arm.
- Make sure you are properly grounded before attempting to work on the arm. Static electricity can cause damage to the arm’s internal electronics
- Put masking tape over the Red & Blue Buttons (p/n 2759 & 2760) to avoid them falling out when disassembling the handle.
- Remove 4 outside screws (XH03-0179) using a 1.5mm ball driver. Then remove the 2 inside screws (XH03-0176) on the side needing repair. Be careful not to loose the screws.
- Remove the Blue Covers (2761 7 2762). This will expose the Button Boards (CC78). There is one on each side.
- Unplug the connectors from the defective Button Board.
- Plug the connectors into the new Button Board. Note: Board is labeled front & back, front is for the green button and back is for the red button.
- Place Button Boards back in place being careful not to damage any of the wires.
- Place Blue Covers back in place and replace all the screws.
- Remove tape which was applied to hold the buttons.
- Test buttons to confirm that they are now functional.
Keywords: replace buttons, replacing buttons, usb buttons