Here is all you have to do. Click the links to see details.
- Click the links below to download the latest FARO SCENE Capture and Process software. If you need an earlier version, click here.
Release Date Version 9 Nov 2017 Capture 184.108.40.206 Process 220.127.116.11
- Download the Release Notes to learn what is new in the latest version.
- Check that your operating system is compatible with the software.
- Install the software.
- For Capture, because it does not require a license key, just double-click the .exe file, read and accept the use conditions, then click Next on all the windows until the installation is complete. Click Finish and the software opens. If you are upgrading, you uninstall the old version and re-install the newer one.
- For Process, because it does require a license key, click here and follow the instructions for SCENE to install or upgrade the software.
Tour the Capture user interface running on the FARO Freestyle3D tablet. See 3D data appear as you scan with the Freestyle, watch the point cloud build up, and learn how to take measurements. Cannot access YouTube? Download Here
Continue by learning how to move your Freestyle 3D data to Process running on a laptop or workstation.Tour the Process interface, view and manipulate point clouds, use markers to automatically place and register point clouds, work with correspondences for registration, learn about view options and properties, and export the registered point cloud. Cannot access YouTube? Download Here.
When scanning with the FARO Freestyle3D hand-held laser scanner, you use SCENE Capture, SCENE Process, and SCENE to create detailed point clouds of real-world environments.for documentation, inspection, and measurement purposes. This software is seamlessly integrated, making it quick and easy to work with.
- Capture is the free, unlicensed software that comes with the tablet computer you get with the Freestyle. Using Capture, you can check and manipulate the quality of your 3D data, point cloud, and emerging visualization as you scan. Measurements can be taken directly from Capture.
- Process is FARO licensed software that runs on a laptop or workstation. You move the captured point cloud to Process to automatically improve the scan and visualization quality. If needed, you can export the point cloud from Process to manipulate it further in other software, such as SCENE.
- SCENE is FARO licensed software that runs on a laptop or workstation. You can use the powerful features in SCENE to further process and manage scanned data. Features include automatic object recognition, scan registration and positioning, and high-quality scan colorization.
CAUTION: The version number of Capture used to create the point cloud must be the same or later than the version of Process or SCENE. If the point cloud comes from Capture 5.5 and you are using version 5.4 of Process or SCENE, the file will not open. You must upgrade to Process or SCENE 5.5 or later to open the files. If the situation is reversed, with the point clout coming from Capture 5.4 and you are using version 5.5 of Process or SCENE the file will open correctly. Both Process and SCENE are backwardly compatible.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||30 minutes|
Download and Save the Software
- From the list of latest or earlier software, click an appropriate language and/or computer processor link. A window appears showing the software file name you want to download.
- Click Save File. The download begins. It may take a several minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in process. When the download is complete, the installation setup.exe file appears in your browser's download folder.
- Copy the setup.exe file to a safe location on your computer's hard drive. Write down the location so you can refer to it later.
- Click here to check that your Microsoft Windows operating system is compatible with the software.
- Install the software.
- For Capture, because it does not require a license, just double-click the .exe file, read and accept the use conditions, then click Next on all the windows until the installation is complete. Click Finish and the software opens. If you are upgrading, you uninstall the old version and re-install the newer version.
- For Process, click here to install or upgrade the software and get a license key.
Visit the FARO Academy and let FARO expert trainers with years of hands-on field experience save your time by starting you off right using FARO products. Review a variety of flexible training options including free online training courses, on-demand videos, instructor-lead live training, or customized training. First learn the basics, then, grow you own FARO experiences by refreshing your training as new software features are released.
- FARO Freestyle3D Scanner User Manuals Download
- SCENE Training Manual Download
- FARO SCENE Software and Release Notes Download
- FARO SCENE User Manuals Download
- FARO SCENE Technical sSecifications Download
- FARO SCENE WebShare Cloud Documentation
- Warranty Benefits and Management
Most of the software versions in this table are discontinued and are no longer being developed. Discontinued software is considered Legacy. FARO supports Legacy software for the length of time stated in your license agreement. To learn about the work efficiency features available in the newest versions of Capture or Process, click here.
When you use software or hardware from third-party vendors who make FARO compatible products, these vendors may not change their tools or software at the same time FARO does. So, to remain compatible, you may need to use an earlier version of Capture or Process. Contact the third-party vendor for details about which Capture or Process version is compatible with their products.
In the table below, click a link to download the Capture or Process version that is right for you.
3d, laser scanner, LS, FARO scanner, portlock, HASP, SL, HL