You can import Google maps directly into your animation to complement your FARO Zone 3D project.
Importing the Map
- Click the Place Satellite Image icon on the Home ribbon.
- Type a street address, latitude/longitude or other locator in the address search bar and click Search.
- To place the map click Ok.
Customizing the Map
The Google Maps window provides several ways to find and customize your map.
Before you place a map, you can click and drag it to shift its center. To zoom in and out on the map use the mousewheel. Note: If you import a zoomed out map, it will create a larger animation base.
You can search by latitude/longitude directly in the address bar or by entering the values in the corresponding fields on the right side and clicking Search. Click Update Lat/Lon to get coordinates for the current map center.
- Map - A standard Google map with labels.
- Satellite - A satellite map.
- Hybrid - A satellite map with labels
- Show Marker - Displays a central marker on the map.