When receiving the error Calculation failed, first make sure you are currently using the latest FARO Drivers. You may search through the Support Center by searching "USB Driver" to find this. You will need to unload and reload the software. Use the steps below:
- Make sure to back up any programs or drawing files you need. (Save them to a safe folder). The default is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Faro\CAM2 Measure\. Most files are in this folder – the learn files will be in the learn folder with in Measure.
- Go to START -> CONTROL PANEL -> ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
- Select the FARO Software and click CHANGE/REMOVE.
- Once complete, Go to START -> RUN then type REGEDIT and click OK.
- Delete the following folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FARO\
- Also delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FARO
- Delete any faro folders left over in the Application data.
- Restart machine and then you will be ready to install the software again.
Software and driver installation:
- Input the Software CD into the hard
- Select the desired Language
- The Windows installer will setup the installation and then you will be prompted to select the features that you want installed.
- We recommend that you click on each of the Boxes and choose "This feature, and all sub-features will be installed on local hard drive"
- Select for all users.
- You will then be prompted for the location of the installation folder. The default will set the software in Start Menu> All Programs> FARO
- The Windows installer will then finish the installation
- Reboot the computer
If you currently are using the latest drivers, make sure your bluetooth connection is not attempting to connect to a Quantum Arm. Check the "FARO Bluetooth Connection Setup" located under the Start Menu > Programs > FARO. Uncheck any devices that you are not connecting to.
This issue will typically arise if a USB arm is connected directly to the software and the software is also attempting to an arm via Bluetooth.