- In the Prepare section below, check the Supported Operating Systems for compatibility before you download the software.
- Click the link below to download the latest VirtuSurv software.
- Install the software.
|Time to Complete||1 hour average depending on the internet connection download speed|
|Computer System Requirements||
- Ensure you have administrator privileges on your computer. If you do not, contact your IT department.
- Turn off all anti-virus and firewall software, as it can affect installing FARO® software. We will remind you to turn it back on again at the end of this process. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- If you are installing VirtuSurv for AutoCAD or VirtuSurv for BricsCAD, ensure that the respective software is installed before you run the VirtuSurv setup.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the software, double-click the downloaded file to begin the install process. Follow the prompts to finish the installation. This may take several minutes. When the installation is complete, a VirtuSurv shortcut icon appears on your desktop.
- If you turned off anti-virus and firewall software before you started the install process, turn it back on before you use FARO software. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- Proceed to License Activation for FARO Software to activate your software.
Installation of VirtuSurv's AutoCAD Plug-in
Before you can use VirtuSurv's AutoCAD macros, you need to load a small plug-in to AutoCAD. This is done automatically during the VirtuSurv setup. Verify that AutoCAD is installed before you run the VirtuSurv setup and enable the “Install AutoCAD receiver” option in the according setup dialog. Note, the dialog will only be displayed if AutoCAD has already been installed. If you use more than one version of AutoCAD on your computer, select the version you want to use together with VirtuSurv when prompted.
Installation of VirtuSurv's BricsCAD Plug-in
Before you can use VirtuSurv's BricsCAD macros, you need to load a small plug-in to BricsCAD. If BricsCAD is already installed on your computer, this is done automatically during the VirtuSurv setup.
If you want to install the plug-in later, navigate to the folder: C:\Program Files\FARO\VirtuSurv v20xx.x.x.xxxxx English\Receiver_Setups. Then right-click on the file DrawToBricsCAD_receiver_setup.exe and select Run as administrator. The plug-in should now be properly installed and will be present when BricsCAD is started.
Earlier versions of VirtuSurv are available here. Note: These earlier versions only work with the WiBu CodeMeter licensing system and will not function with a VirtuSurv 2018 and later product key/license.
upgrade, new release, maintenance release