The latest version of the FARO® Laser Scanner FocusM 70, FocusS70, and FocusS150/350 firmware is 126.96.36.1994, released 28 Jan 2019.
- Always perform firmware updates indoors away from windows and doors. Any access to the outside may cause the update to fail due to interference with the GPS server.
- From the Home screen, navigate to Manage > Service > Firmware Update and select Search for Updates Now to automatically download the firmware directly from the Focus and start the update process.
- When the update process is complete, check that the Firmware Revision version number matches the latest: 188.8.131.524.
If your internet connection is interrupted, or you do not have an internet connection, click here to manually download the firmware and install it.
What is New
Click here to download the latest release notes and get details about what has changed.
Who Needs This Upgrade
If your scanner was serviced by FARO after 28 Jan 2019, the latest firmware was loaded by the service technician. You can check the firmware version number to be sure you have the latest.
- On the Scanner, go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details.
- If the firmware version number is 184.108.40.2064, you have the latest firmware and no further action is necessary.
If you have an earlier version, upgrade the firmware as instructed in this article.
In this 1-minute YouTube introduction to the FARO Laser Scanner FocusS 70/150/350, see these new features in action: Increased measurement range, Ingress Protection (IP) Rating of 54 for use in high particulate and wet weather conditions, an accessory bay for custom add-on devices, and a built-in field compensation routine for ensuring system accuracy at all times.
Without the right firmware installed, your FARO scanner might not work correctly. When FARO releases new firmware or FARO® SCENE software you may have to upgrade the firmware installed on your computer and scanner. The firmware latest version is compatible with any model of the supported hardware and software listed in the Prepare section of this article. Click + to expand this section or click - to collapse it again.
WARNING: Downloading firmware from a source other than explicitly provided by FARO may void your warranty and cause damage to your scanner.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||This procedure may take up to 60 minutes and must not be interrupted or the upgrade may not work..|
FARO® SCENE 6.0 and later
- Always perform firmware updates indoors away from windows and doors. Any access the scanner has to the outside may cause the update to fail due to interference with the GPS sensor. Note: Even if the GPS sensor is turned off, it is not advisable to perform the firmware update when the scanner is outside.
- Make sure the scanner's battery is fully charged and that the power supply is plugged into an electrical power socket. Do the same for the computer you use with the scanner. This way, if there is a power outage the update will not be interrupted
- Connect your scanner to the Internet. Consult the User Manual for details.
- If you can not connect your scanner to the Internet, click here to be directed to manual update instructions.
- From the Home screen, navigate to Manage > Service > Firmware Update.
- Check that the Enable Online Updates switch is in its ON position.
- Select Set Update Server URL. Make sure that the URL is http://farofirmware.websharecloud.com/v8updates/. Select OK.
- Select Search for Updates Now. If there is a firmware update available for your scanner, a message appears that shows the version number of the update.
- Select Download and Install to start the update process.
- As soon as the download is complete, the installation will begin automatically. Do not power down the scanner during the update process!
- The scanner will reboot and the message “Installing system update...” appears on the scanner’s display.
- After a few minutes, the scanner reboots again, this time showing the message Updating Firmware.... This step may take up to 30 minutes.
- When the update is complete, the scanner reboots again and the message Firmware installed successfully appears on the scanner’s display.
Check that the correct revision number appears.
- Go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details.
- Check that the Firmware Revision version number matches the latest: 220.127.116.114.
Your scanner is ready to use.
- User Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Quick Start Guides for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Internet Connection Issues when Upgrading the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350 Firmware
- Technical Specification Sheet for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Technical Specification Sheet for SCENE, SCENE Capture, and SCENE Process
- User Manuals for FARO SCENE
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, what's new