The latest version of the FARO® Laser Scanner FocusM 70, FocusS70, and FocusS150/350 firmware is 184.108.40.2064, released 28 Jan 2019.
- Always perform firmware updates indoors away from windows and doors. Any access to the outside may cause interference with the GPS server.
- Make sure your scanner and PC are fully charged, plugged in, and connected to the internet.
Note: If you can not connect your scanner to the Internet, click here for manual update instructions.
- From the Home screen, navigate to Manage > Service > Firmware Update.
- Check that the Enable Online Updates switch is in its ON position.
- Select Set Update Server URL. Make sure that the URL is http://farofirmware.websharecloud.com/v8updates/. Select OK.
- Select Search for Updates Now. If there is a firmware update available for your scanner, a message appears that shows the version number of the update.
- Select Download and Install to start the update process.
- As soon as the download is complete, the installation will begin automatically. Do not power down the scanner during the update process.
- The scanner will reboot and the message “Installing system update...” appears on the scanner’s display.
- After a few minutes, the scanner reboots again, this time showing the message Updating Firmware.... This step may take up to 30 minutes.
- When the update is complete, the scanner reboots again and the message Firmware installed successfully appears on the scanner’s display.
- Go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details.
- Check that the Firmware Revision version number matches the latest: 220.127.116.114.
WARNING: Downloading firmware from a source other than explicitly provided by FARO may void your warranty and cause damage to your scanner.
Click here to download the latest release notes and get details about what has changed.
Who Needs This Upgrade
If your scanner was serviced by FARO after 28 Jan 2019, the latest firmware was loaded by the service technician. You can check the firmware version number to be sure you have the latest.
- On the Scanner, go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details.
- If the firmware version number is 18.104.22.1684, you have the latest firmware and no further action is necessary.
If you have an earlier version, upgrade the firmware as instructed in this article.
- User Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Quick Start Guides for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Internet Connection Issues when Upgrading the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350 Firmware
- Technical Specification Sheet for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Technical Specification Sheet for SCENE, SCENE Capture, and SCENE Process
- User Manuals for FARO SCENE
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, what's new