The Freestyle 2 scanner is a precision instrument that contains many sensitive components, and it must be handled with care. Follow these procedures to prevent problems with your system:
- Store the handset and accessories in its transport case when not in use.
- Protect the devices from shaking, shocks, vibration, and large variations in temperature.
- Check the cable for damage to outside insulation, connectors, and pins.
- Check the housing of the handset for damage.
To ensure a complete manufacturing recalibration of the Freestyle 2, we recommend that you request the yearly maintenance and certification service offered by FARO. Contact your local FARO Customer Service team for more information.
We’ve introduced a new way to schedule your service or certification for your FARO equipment online – our new FARONow! Customer Portal. FARONow! personalizes your experience and allows you to:
Ready to schedule your certification?
The Freestyle 2 lenses are covered with protective glass that should only be cleaned if it becomes dirty.
- To avoid unnecessary damage or wear, only clean the protective glass when the degree of contamination has an impact on the scan quality (that is, an increase in range noise or a decrease in scan range).
- Major contamination and improper handling to clean the glass may impact the scanning quality. Self-inflicted damage can result in the need to replace a part at your expense.
Do not use cleaning fluid with alcohol or acetone. The lens seals could be dissolved. We recommend alcohol-free lens cleaner that can be found in most optical supply stores.
- Tissues (if those in the transport case are no longer usable, we recommend tissues that can be found in optical supply stores)
- In the case of extremely contaminated glass, use an alcohol-free cleaning fluid in spray bottle.
Slightly Dirty Glass:
- Wipe the contaminated glass with the tissue.
Very Dirty Glass:
- Mist a tissue with the cleaning fluid (do not soak).
- Carefully wipe the contaminated glass with the tissue.
Mobile PC Cleaning
We recommend checking your device at least once a month. This enables you to spot trouble before it starts and helps provide you with an efficient measuring system. The computer contains sensitive components, and it must be handled with care. Follow these procedures to prevent problems with your system:
- Do not use the Mobile PC in dusty environments. If the ventilation covers begin to show an accumulation of dust, contact your FARO representative for maintenance.
- Avoid knocking or dropping the device.
- Examine the external interfaces to ensure that they are not damaged.
CAUTION: Do not run the Mobile PC when it is in the shipping case.