Due to the tight design tolerances of the Edge FaroArm®, some replacement batteries fail to fully seat within the battery slot and are unable to engage the locking latch. When using replacement batteries, follow these guidelines.
- Only use batteries supplied by FARO.
- Be sure the battery is oriented correctly when inserting (rounded end down).
- If the battery does not insert fully or fails to engage the locking latch… Stop! Do not try to force the battery into the slot. Refer to the Battery Alignment Procedure below.
Battery Alignment Procedure
- Using a 7/64” or 3/32” (model dependent) Hex Key, loosen each screw counter-clockwise one full turn (360 degrees). The enclosure should feel slightly loose, with the ability to move up/down slightly. If not, loosen the screws an additional half-turn at a time until this is accomplished.
- Insert the battery into its compartment and ensure it engages freely and the locking latch secures the battery. Position/move the enclosure as needed to obtain proper fit.
- Once properly positioned, leave the battery in place and proceed to tighten all (4) four screws clockwise (hand tighten only).
- Remove battery from its compartment and insert again to confirm the adjustment.
- If you are still unable to insert the battery, contact Customer Service for battery replacement options.