This article provides the procedure on how to connect to the Quantum series FaroArm®/ScanArm or Gage via Wi-Fi.
Laptop Power Settings
Windows power settings can contribute to connectivity and performance issues when connecting to the FaroArm via a mobile PC. To ensure a successfully and reliable connection confirm the setting as outlined below.
- Ensure the laptop is on AC power, not battery.
- Ensure the Windows Systems on the laptop is optimized for “Best Performance”
- In Windows 10, go to Control Panel > Power Options or search for “choose a power plan”
- Ensure “Balanced (recommended)” is selected.
- Go to the taskbar and in the bottom right hand corner, click the battery icon.
- Set the slider bar toggle to “Best performance”
Depending on your FaroArm model, enabling Wi-Fi is as follows:
Quantum Max /Gage Max
Quantum Max and Gage Max models are not equipped with external buttons (only indicators) to enable or disable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. These communications methods can only be set via the FaroArm Manager utility.
Quantum / Gage
Quantum and Gage models are equipped with buttons on the rear of the unit to enable or disable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. Simply press the button to toggle the desired communication method on/off.
Note: You may also enable or disable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth via the FaroArm Manager, see the Quantum Max /Gage Max section above for this method.
- On your computer click the wireless icon typically located on the Windows taskbar . Alternatively, this can be accessed via Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Show available networks.
- Locate the FaroArm on the list of available networks and click Connect.
- Open the FaroArm Manger application .
- From the “Adapters” dropdown box, select the Wi-Fi adapter.
- Your FaroArm will appear in the Devices list, click the plug icon (next to the serial number) to initiate the Wi-Fi connection.
- Finally, click on the serial number to make it the active device within the FaroArm Manager.
Note: If you are still experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues, please consult your IT department to assess your Wi-Fi signal to ensure security software is not interfering with the frequency emitting from the Arm.
Device Status Definitions
|Connection is in progress|
|Disconnected, click the icon to start the connection.|