Calibration ensures that your FARO Freestyle3D remains accurate as conditions change in your work environment.
In this 2-minute video, watch a FARO Application Engineer calibrate the Freestyle3D.
- Write down the calibration plate ID, found on a label on the back of the plate.
- Put the calibration plate on the floor.
- Connect the FARO Freestyle3D to the computer. The Calibration dialog box appears.
- Click Yes to go on.
- Enter the Calibration Plate ID you wrote down in step 1. Instructions appear on your computer screen.
- Follow the instructions, moving and holding the Freestyle3D above the plate at the specified distance: 70cm to 130cm.
- As you complete the instructions for each distance, a green signal confirms that you have correctly calibrated the Freestyle3D.
The FARO Freestyle3D Scanner User Manual has detailed instructions about how to calibrate the Freestyle. In the manual, search using the keyword Calibration to find the instructions. Or, click here to download the Compensation Guide.
- Why and how often should I calibrate the Freestyle3D using the calibration plate
- Compensation, Calibration, and Certification Standards for FARO Devices
- Where can I download the latest and earlier versions of the FARO Freestyle3D Scanner, SCENE Capture, and SCENE Process User Manuals
- Does Freestyle3D have internal temperature sensors
- What is the operating temperature range of the FARO Freestyle3D
compensation, compensate, best practices, accuracy, best results