You get consistent high quality results and are the most efficient when you use best practices for scanning with the FARO Freestyle Scanner. Before you begin your project, review the video and the list below for tried-and-true pointers that yield foolproof accuracy in point cloud data.
In this 5-minute YouTube video, watch how FARO Application Engineer Si Horton demonstrates how to properly use and handle the Freestyle3D.
Here are some of the best practices to reach the best and most accurate results when using your Freestyle3D.
- Follow the guidelines for calibrating your Freestyle3D before you begin a scanning project.
- Move the device slowly and constantly.
- Avoid abrupt movement, as it may lead to inaccurate data and you could lose track of your data.
- Avoid capturing long sequences.
- The Freestyle captures about 7-8 frames per second, which is equivalent to a recommended maximum scan-time of 2 minutes.
- When scanning a homogeneous object, make sure to use enough targets on the surface and take care to place the targets properly.
- Move the device in circles or loops.
- Finish capturing at the starting point.
- Ensure that the object you're scanning is within the specified maximum and minimum distance to the scanner (min. 50cm, max. 3m).
- Ensure the object you're scanning is secure in place and does not move.
- How do I calibrate the FARO Freestyle3D
- Where can I download the latest and earlier versions of the FARO Freestyle3D Scanner Quick Start Guides
- Where can I download the latest and earlier versions of the FARO Freestyle3D Scanner, SCENE Capture, and SCENE Process User Manuals
tips, improve, increase, improve, compensate, compensation, calibration, best results, accuracy