To use the Scan Localizer, you must wirelessly connect it with the computer that runs the Scan Localizer App inside SCENE. These instructions assume that you have downloaded Scan Localizer User Manual,and have followed the assembly, configuration, and installation instructions for the Scan Localizer and Scan Localizer App. The instructions in this article augment the instructions in the manual, section 6.3, Connect Scan Localizer with the computer using a wireless LAN. Please read that section and then follow the detailed instructions in this article.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||60 minutes|
In this 11-minute YouTube tutorial, FARO Application Engineer Si Horton introduces you to the Focus3D Scan Localizer. You will learn why you should use it, how to attach it to your Focus3D, how to connect it to your computer or tablet and FARO SCENE 6.0 using Wifi and the Scan Localizer App, and how to to a cloud-to-cloud registration with SCENE and the Scan Localizer.
Cannot view videos on YouTube? Click here to download this video.
The Scan Localizer should already be connected to the Focus3D and be switched on.
- Look on the Scan Localizer to find the serial number and write it down. The serial number starts with LSL07 and is followed by 7 digits. This number becomes the name or SSID of the Scan Localizer wireless network.
- From the Windows Start menu, click Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Connect to a network. The Currently connected to panel appears with the serial number of the Scan Localizer in the Wireless Network Connections list. You may have to scroll if the list contains many wireless networks.
- Click on the network represented by the Scan Localizer serial number, then click Connect. You are prompted for a network key.
- Enter 0123456789 and press Enter.
- In the Currently connected to panel, Connected and green bars now appear next to the network represented by the Scan Localizer serial number.
- Follow the advice as stated in the manual to switch off the Proxy server.
- Continue with the manual, section 6.4, Scan Localizer App, to set the IP address for the Scan Localizer and Laser Scanner.
wireless connection, WLAN, wireless LAN