BuildIT software utilizes a "Broker" application to communicate with the Tracker. Often communication with this application can be blocked by the Windows Defender Firewall. Its recommend to add this "Broker" application to the list of "Allowed" applications. If the Windows® Firewall prevents a connection to the FARO® Vantage Laser Tracker and you are unable to disable the firewall, follow these steps:
For additional Tracker Ethernet configuration information see: Wired Ethernet Settings and Window's Configuration for the Laser Tracker
- From the Windows Control Panel, navigate to System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”
- Click on the “Allow another app…” button. If the button is not active, you may have to click on the “Change settings” button first.
- In the “Add an app” window, click the Browse button and navigate to the location of the “FaroTracker.exe” broker executable. This file is typically located in the installation folder of the BuildIT software you are using: Example: C:\Program Files\BuildIT\BuildIT Metrology 20XX.X\devices\Faro\Tracker\FaroTracker.exe (where XX.X is the latest installed version). Select the “FaroTracker.exe” file and then click Open.
- In the “Add an app” window, click the Add button.
- Once added, apply checkmarks to all networks (Domain, Private, Public), then click OK. The Windows Defender Firewall will now allow communication between the Tracker and BuildIT.
- In BuildIT, try again to connect to the Laser Tracker. If the connection fails, close the Broker.
- Then open the Broker again from the Device Manager or from the Manager Tree and try to connect again.