If the error message “Converter could not be installed” appears when importing IFC files and you are using BuildIT Metrology or BuildIT Projector, it is because the importer (CAD to SAT Converter CGM) is not included in those installers, and is only included with the BuildIT Construction installer. Therefore, the importer must be downloaded and installed separately. To install the follow the steps below.
- Click here to download the CAD to SAT Converter.
- Once downloaded, right-click the downloaded ZIP file, and select Extract All.
- Browse to the folder:
- For BuildIT Metrology: "C:\Program Files\BuildIT\BuildIT Metrology 20xx\bin”
- For BuildIT Projector: “C:\Program Files\BuildIT\BuildIT Projector 20xx\bin”
(where "xx" is the software version you are running)
- Then click the Extract button.
- After the files are extracted, verify the importer (highlighted folder) is now present in the BuildIT “bin” folder.
- Restart BuildIT and proceed with the import.