Normally the default language for CAM2® is set during installation, however it is possible to open CAM2 in any of its supported languages. Follow the steps below to create a new shortcut that will allow you to define the language used.
- Browse to the following folder location on your PC: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming. This is a hidden folder so you will need to type this path directly into the Windows Explorer path bar.
- Locate and delete the "FARO Technologies" folder.
- Browse to: C:\Program Files\FARO\CAM2\Channels\Stable\Current.
- Locate the file FARO.CAM2.exe, right click on it and select Create Shortcut, then drag the newly created shortcut to the desktop.
- Right click on the new desktop shortcut and select Properties.
- Under the Shortcut tab, click into the Target box, and immediately after "C:\Program Files\FARO\CAM2\Channels\Stable\Current\FARO.CAM2.exe" add [space]-culture:XXXX (where XXXX is the language code from the table below).
Language Code Language Code Chinese ZH-CN Polish PL English EN Portuguese PT French FR Russian RU German DE Spanish ES Italian IT Turkish TR Japanese JA
- In this example, German (DE) is desired, so the text in the target box should read "C:\Program Files\FARO\CAM2\Channels\Stable\Current\FARO.CAM2.exe" -culture:DE.
- Click OK
It is recommended to rename the shortcut to include the language it is set for, for instance: FARO CAM2 German. This process can be repeated for several languages if required.