How to apply a GDT line profile call-out to a feature.
- Alignment to a CAD model is required.
- Line Profile can be applied to:
- Cross Section Scan (LLP or Hard Probe)
- Polyline (Hard Probe)
- Measure the required feature
Creating the GDT Call-out
- Select the GDT tab
- Highlight the required feature in the Feature panel
- From the ribbon select Profile of a Line
The GDT panel will open in the lower LH corner of the UI
Note: If the GDT icon is ‘greyed-out’ this details that the selected feature does not support this call-out.
- Within the GDT panel:
- Click into the tolerance, and enter the required value
- Profile of a line does not support datum callouts and is calculated based upon the active alignment.
The call-out will be calculated and the result will be shown in the GDT label displayed in the 3D viewer.
Note: To display results in the GDT label select via View > GDT Label > Level of Detail
Copying GDT Call-outs to Other features
This allows multiple features of the same type to have the same call-out applied
- Apply the call-out to the first feature
- Highlight the first feature
- Right click and select Copy Tolerances
- Multi-select other features
- Right click and select Paste Tolerances
- Message ‘Do you also want to paste the GDT tolerances?’, select Yes
The GDT call-out will be applied to the selected features, and the GDT label will be displayed.
How it’s Calculated
Profile of a Line is a 2D geometric tolerance that controls how much a polyline, or cross section scan, can deviate from the true profile. It represents the smallest tolerance zone conforming to the nominal curve contour that will hold the entire measured surface.
When applied to a surface, the entire measured cross section must fall within the tolerance zone, therefore all points on the surface must remain within this zone to be deemed as acceptable.
|This on a drawing...||Means this when calculated...|