If you are experiencing issues installing a new version of FARO® CAM2®, many times completely removing any old versions and then reinstalling can solve the problem. Follow the steps below to completely remove CAM2 and then perform a clean install.
- Close the application and/or any installer windows if open.
- Press the Windows Key and type "Control Panel". Open the Control Panel and click "Uninstall a program".
- Uninstall the following programs:
- FARO CAM2 20xx.
- FARO Device Center
- FARO RPM Control Station
- FARO RPM Control Center
- FARO RPM Control Server
- Press the Windows Key + R to launch the Run window, enter %Appdata% and click OK.
- Find and delete the “FARO Technologies” folder.
- Reboot the computer.
- Refer to the following article for the download of CAM2 and RPM software: Software Download and Readme Files for CAM2
- If you are installing Repeat Part Management (RPM), always install this after CAM2.
- After installation, if the software does not find your license, or is running in trial mode, see: License Activation for FARO Software