- Open Classic SCENE interface.
- Right-click scan in Structure view and click Operations > Color/Pictures > Export Color Overlay.
- Save image and apply blur or desired effect in image editing software.
- Right-click scan in Structure view and click Operations > Color/Pictures> Replace Color Overlay.
- Select the new image to import.
This three-minute video demonstrates how to obscure objects in a scan using SCENE 7 and how to blur portions of images in MS Paint.
When private or protected objects are scanned with the FARO® Focus, it may be necessary to blur or pixelate areas of the scan, such as faces or license plates. These instructions explain how to export images to be manipulated in image editing software and how to import manipulated images back into SCENE. It also explains how to blur portions of images in MS Paint.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||10 minutes|
Exporting an Image to Edit
- Click the Settings icon on the far right of the window.
- Click Switch User Interface.
- Right-click the scan listed in the structure view and select View > Planar View.
- Right-click the scan again and click Operations > Color/Pictures > Export Color Overlay
Caution: Sensitive content must be blurred in EACH scan containing the content.
- Save the image in a folder.
Note: Always save a backup copy of the exported image for safety.
- Blur or obscure the image in photo editing software. MS Paint is common to windows and can be used to blur images.
Importing an Edited Image
- In SCENE, repeat the instructions above, but select Operations > Color/Pictures > Replace Color Overlay.
- Select the altered image in the image folder and click Open.
Resetting the SCENE User Interface
- To return to the default SCENE interface, click SCENE in the top toolbar.
- Or click the View menu and select Switch User Interface.
- Click Select and use the rectangular tool or Free-form selection tool to select a portion of the image.
- When using Free-form selection, after drawing a selection area, the entire selection will be surrounded by a rectangular marquee as a visual aid.
- Click the Resize option on the toolbar.
- In the Resize and Skew window, select the Pixels option and write down the Horizontal and Vertical numbers.
- Click the Percentage button and enter a small number in the Horizontal and Vertical boxes. Click OK.
- Click Resize again.
- Click the Pixels button in the Resize and Skew window.
- Deselect the Maintain aspect ratio box.
- Enter the values you initially wrote down and Click OK.
- The image should appear blurred. You may have to resize the selection box to make sure any blank space is covered.
- Software Download, Installation, and Release Notes for SCENE
- User Manual for SCENE
- Training Manual for SCENE
censor, obscure, mosaic, scan images