- Click the link below to download the latest FARO® SCENE software. If you are using third-party software and need an earlier version, click here.
Release Date Version 13 Dec 2017 22.214.171.124
It may take a several minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in process. When the download is complete, the SCENE installation setup.exe file appears in your browser's download folder.
- Download the Release Notes to learn what is new in the latest version.
- Check that your Microsoft Windows operating system is compatible and that your computer meets the recommended system requirements.
- Install the software.
In this 15-minute YouTube video, FARO Sales Engineer Si Horton, shows you how to use each of the newest features of the 7.1 release. This video is the first of a two-part series. In Part two, Si shows you how to use the new 7.1 virtual reality features. Cannot access YouTube? Download Here
With SCENE software you can scan three dimensional, complex forms by creating point cloud data. SCENE integrates seamlessly with FARO® Laser Scanner Focus and FARO® Scanner Freestyle product lines. SCENE works best when you use the latest software version. Upgrade releases offer new ease-of-use features that help you get your job done quicker and easier, as well as bug fixes. With each new version, you increase your work efficiency and get more done with less effort. This article shows you how to download and install the software.Back to top
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||20 minutes|
Installing the latest SCENE version overwrites the existing version. If you want, you can change the install location so that the latest version does not overwrite the version you are currently using. This enables you to run multiple versions of SCENE on the same computer.
- Ensure you have administrator privileges on your computer. If you do not, contact your IT department.
- Turn off all anti-virus and firewall software, as it can affect installing the software. We will remind you to turn it back on again at the end of this process. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the software, double-click the SCENE setup.exe file and click Run to begin the install process. The Language dialog box appears.
- Drop down the language list and select the language that matches your computer's operating system. English is the default. Click OK. Continue following the prompts.
- When the Select Additional Tasks window appears, click Enable automatic update checking to be updated automatically to the latest version of SCENE when an upgrade is available. Automatic upgrades will not work if you have not checked this box.
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete the installation process and click Finish.The installation application puts the SCENE shortcut on your desktop and SCENE opens.
- If you turned off all anti-virus and firewall software before you started the install process, turn it back on before you use the software. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- Proceed to Activate or Update a SCENE License Product Key or Dongle to activate your SCENE license.
Visit the FARO Academy and let FARO expert trainers with years of hands-on field experience save your time by starting you off right using FARO products. Review a variety of flexible training options including free online training courses, on-demand videos, instructor-lead live training, or customized training. First learn the basics, then, grow you own FARO experiences by refreshing your training as new software features are released.
- Activate or Update a SCENE License Product Key or Dongle
- License Key and Activation Information for FARO Software
- SCENE Training Manual Download
- SCENE User Manual Download
- SCENE Technical Specifications Download
- Warranty Benefits and Management
Most of the software versions in this table are discontinued and are no longer being developed. Discontinued software is considered Legacy. FARO supports Legacy software for the length of time stated in your license agreement. To learn about the work efficiency features available in the newest version of SCENE, click here.
When you use software or hardware from third-party vendors who make FARO compatible products, these vendors may not change their tools or software at the same time FARO does. So, to remain compatible, you may need to use an earlier version of SCENE. Contact the third-party vendor for details about which SCENE version is compatible with their products.
In the table below, click a link to download the SCENE version that is right for you. For earlier version Release Notes, click here.
|8 Sep 2017||[Legacy] 126.96.36.199||64-bit|
|21 Jul 2017||[Legacy] 188.8.131.52||64-bit|
|8 Sep 2016||[Legacy] 184.108.40.206||64-bit|
|11 Aug 2016||[Legacy] 220.127.116.11||64-bit|
|10 Dec 2015||[Legacy] 5.5.3||64-bit|
|22 Jun 2015||[Legacy] 5.4.10||64-Bit|
|14 Aug 2014||[Legacy] 5.3.3||64-Bit|
|7 Apr 2014||[Legacy] 5.2.6||64-Bit|
|7 May 2013||[Legacy] 5.1.6||64-Bit|
|23 Apr 2012||[Legacy] 5.0.1||64-Bit
|8 Nov 2011||[Legacy] 4.8.4||64-Bit
|29 Sep 2010||[Legacy] 4.7.1||64-Bit
|19 Nov 2009||[Legacy] 4.6.62||32-Bit|
3d, scanner LS, LS, FARO Scanner LS, portlock, HASP, HL, upgrade, new release, maintenance release