What is it?
It is a new type of scan created in SCENE from FARO Focus scans whose color was captured using a PanoCam rather than the scanners internal camera.
Offers a photorealistic spherical visualization of FARO Focus scans where the color was captured using a PanoCam independently of the scan resolution
Virtual tours you can both measure and annotate.
In SCENE, Web Share Cloud, SCENE2go, and Recap.
How to Create Them
- Right Click over a scan or over a cluster containing scans obtained by the PanoCam. It also works with Calibration scans.
- The PanoCam Scans are created in the project, within the structure of the selected element. The PanoCam Scans are created at the same 3D position as the original scans.
- PanoCam Scans are a solution to provide high quality virtual tours. They provide a spherical visualization where you can measure and create annotations.
- We recommend to use the scans for applications where the 3D point cloud is needed. For example, 3D modeling, Quality Control, As-Built Drawings.
Things to Know About PanoCam Scans
- When taking more than one picture per scan, the first PanoCam picture taken is used to create the PanoCam Scans
- Points behind the scanner shadow are not included in the PanoCam Scan
- PanoCam Scans do not contain intensity values
- PanoCam Scan resolution is always 8000x4000 = 32 million points
- If the original scan resolution is higher, some points will be lost
- If the scan resolution is lower, new points are interpolated to avoid empty cells
*You can delete the original scans from the project. You can also export the PanoCam Scans as a new SCENE project and create the point cloud in this new project
- This workflow is recommended for a point cloud with a better appearance but you need to assume the PanoCam Scans point cloud specifications:
- Fixed resolution of the PanoCam Scan (8000x4000)
- No intensity values
- Shadow of the scanner