This article lists the Release Notes for each version of FARO Zone 2D Software to date. The current version release notes are displayed at the top of the article. Previous revisions are contained in expanding sections below.
Navigating this article:
- Use the Table of Contents block in the upper right hand of this article to jump to a release.
- You can expand a version section by clicking the + button
- To search all versions, click the Expand All Versions button and then use the Ctrl+f search feature in your browser. Sections must be “expanded” to be searched.
FARO Zone 2D 2021.1.0301 Release Notes – March 2021
- 2021.2 Is a refactoring and bug fix release (no “new” features)
- FZ3-6864 - Layer Mgr - Move objects to another layer not Undoable
- FZ3-7082 - Image Scale - drag extend grip whacks out
- FZ3-7361 - Misc. UI Refactoring HUDs and tools
- FZ3-7491 - Optimization for loading large imported ScanPlan images
- FZ3-7510 - Road show surface toggle not being save
- FZ3-7489 - 2D Vehicles, add Square Generic Solid and Dashed for PHX
- FZ3-7514 - Start Page Translations
- FZ3-7607 - Update FARO Academy link – goes to learn.faro.com
- FZ3-7634 - Preferences (F5) - crash if backup path doesn't exist
- FZ3-7585 - Circle - 2D - Fill option
- FZ3-7592 - 2D Help Ribbon - update like 3D
- FZ3-7233 - Virtual Survey – can’t change point size while in virtual survey
- FZ3-7573 - Pembroke PD – file name lock Admin setting
- FZ3-7594 - Mag window open, very slow with tiff image
FARO Zone 2D 2021.1.0127 Release Notes – January 2021
- Help/Search System
- Search bar is dual purpose to find help in FARO Assist and the online Help manual.
- The search bar replaces the FARO Assist and Help (?) buttons.
- Clicking in the Search Bar without entering a key word will bring up the links to FARO Assist the Help Manual.
- If a key word is entered the FARO Assist links will be populated in the list. If you click on the Help Manual link the keyword will be thrown into the Help Manual search automatically.
- 2D Symbols Dashed Outline Feature
- Option to convert lines in a 2D symbol solid to dashed.
- Option to convert lines in a 2D symbol solid to dashed.
- FZ3-7473 2D Automobiles - toggle solid / dash lines
- FZ3-7472 Symbols - Add Dashed line mode
- FZ3-7471 Layer Mgr - missing model instead of bad extents
- FZ3-7344 Layer - Delete object asks twice if you want to delete it from garbage can
- FZ3-7379 Layer Mgr - turn on sublayer should force hidden parent layer on
- FZ3-7374 Layer Report - Zoom Full each layer page
- FZ3-7278 Layer Report - Add progress bar
- FZ3-7469 Damage Form - Reverse Checkbox - Move over to CDT Properties and rename to "Reverse Point Order"
- FZ3-7465 North Arrows - put NorthArrow7 back into library
- FZ3-7450 Snaps - Grid snap not working properly
- FZ3-7415 Ribbon - Search Bar - Add default items (Help Manual and FARO Assist)
- FZ3-7405 Help Manual with Search - type "point" in FARO Assist search bar
- FZ3-7412 Hang up - change snap grid to point ( . ) value ex. .5 ft
- FZ3-7400 Dimension Angle: add Custom Text option (see Dimension Line)
- FZ3-7399 Error Logs - Not saving to the documents folder
- FZ3-7390 Rectangle - 2D - Remove champers edge in 2D
- FZ3-7389 Rectangle - Grips in 2D should be in the middle of border like 3D
- FZ3-7380 GPS ref marker when selected doesn't have HUD - use GPS ScanPlan as example
- FZ3-7360 Forms Position and Size
- FZ3-7357 CDT - format x,y,z but labels change to easting, northing, elev
- FZ3-7351 Add Left/Right lane does not take on the line color - seems to be white always
- FZ3-7333 Text Label - Leader thickness when flat doesn't work
- FZ3-7307 Sign Maker - Drawn Symbol - Saved thumbnail is low quality
FARO Zone 2D 2021.0.1209 Release Notes – December 2020
Welcome to the latest and greatest release of FARO Zone 2D. Moving forward the Help Manual will be updated with new release features soon after they’re released. Find the Help Manual on the Quick Bar “?” or on the Help ribbon.
- Vector Signs
- Vehicle Database – Expert AutoStats Lite
- Layer Report
- Road Tools
- Rounded Rectangle
- Parking Lot Lines
To see all previous release notes, look at the 2020 Release Notes: Version History
Zone2go allows the user to export and share FZ projects to the storage media of your choice. The Zoone2go viewer is portable and does not require an Internet connection.
The Zone2go viewer and FZ projects are meant to be saved on a USB stick or other storage device and used on a Windows or MacOS device. You can also export to a folder and then copy the folder to a Windows or MacOS tablet or burn on a DVD.
The Zone2go Viewer will Capture and Display:
- Works with or without SCENE Point Cloud
- Automatically generates an intuitive Overview Map
- Panoramic Views are generated for each scan position
- All FARO Zone diagram geometry and annotations will be displayed
- 3D View for each scan for best understanding of spatial details
- Measurements in SCENE point cloud Panoramic View and 3D View
- No installation required. You can launch the Viewer directly from the USB stick
- Open/Create FZ3 project (with or without SCENE Point Cloud)
- Add Witness feature in the drawing (optional)
- Add annotations/File References (optional)
You can add the following Zone 2go annotations:
- Animations (using File reference)
- Report (.pdf)
- 360 Image
- 360 animation (using File reference)
- Dimension, Label and other FZ items
- Hyperlink (using File reference)
How to use:
Click on Zone2go Launchpad
What makes a Zone2go project? Here are the basics:
- With no annotations or pano views you will only generate a top down overview map of your scene.
- With no annotations or pano views, but you have a SCENE point cloud project, you will create an overview map and be able to view the point cloud from each scan position.
- To create a project that will let you view points of interest you will need to use the Total View tool to setup a 360 pano view at each position.
- You can also setup point of interest locations from the Zone2go launch pad by navigation to the desired position and clicking on the camera icon.
- You can use the Witness tool, placed at a point of interest, and that will automatically create a pano view that will appear in the Zone2go launch pad.
- All snapshots, Witness Views, and Total View snapshots are automatically converted to panoramic images when you export the project from Zone2go.
Let’s Step Through It
All snapshots and referenced files will be displayed on the Zone2go launch pad. This will include everything you already added to your diagram. All snapshots, Witness Views, and Total View snapshots are automatically converted to panoramic images when you export the project from Zone2go.
Once in the Zone2go launch pad you can continue to add file references and 360 degreee panoramic images.
- Add a file reference.
- Add a panoramic snapshot. Move to the position you want a new snapshot before clicking.
- Exporet your Zone2go project.
- Select Zone2go export folder.
- A confirmation dialog box shows up after Zone 2go project is successfully exported
- Click on “Launch Zone 2go” button to launch the Zone 2go Viewer, or “Open Export Folder” to open the Export folder.
Layer Report Tool
Use the Layer Report to create a PDF document that includes the overall diagram on the first page and then puts each layer and sub-layer on their own page. This is very useful especially with ScanPlan data. In this example the ScanPlan layers are on separate pages. All file links such as the panoramic photos in this case are listed on pages as well.
Layer Manager and Pages in Report
Line Work and File References
Vehicle Database – Expert AutoStats
We’ve added an option for Expert AutoStats data in the Vehicle Database tool. This is provided by our good friends at www.4n6Xprt.com
- Open the Vehicle Specs database tool.
- Choose between the CVS (Canadian Vehicle Specs) or AutoStats database.
- If there is data missing such as “overhang” the model row will be highlighted orange.
- Not enough data to calculate front and rear overhang data. When this occurs the outline of the vehicle will not include the wheel positions. Try the other database and compare.
(1) 2D top down contoured outline display
(2) Outline pull down options
Updates to the Road Tools.
- Easier road arm and individual lane selection
- Improved properties panel interface
- Median Length Option
(1) Add Median
(2) Median Length grip
(3) Median Position grip
- Turn Lane Grips
- Create Tangent Arc Road
(1) Select road arm, click to add a tangent road arc
(2) Road arc settings
- Arc road lane data in HUD
- Convert line or arc to road
- Road Markings built into road system
(1) Pull down list of road markings – you can place multiple markings on the same lane by placing one, deselecting the lane, reselecting, and placing another mark.
(2) Mark settings. The markers can also be moved and rotated with the selection grips.
- Road tool (Fill Mode On/OFF) – turn the road fill on or off. Change the global color of all the lines.
Option to create and save vector (true geometry) as a sign accessible from the Signs tool.
- Draw your sign design using any of the program geometry; lines, arcs, curves, circles, fills, etc…
- Select it
- Click on “Create Sign” in the multi-select properties panel.
Saving the New Vector Sign to Custom Signs
- Select the newly created sign.
- Click on Save
- Give the new Sign a name.
- Open the Custom Signs menu
Round of the corners of a rectangle simply by drawing or selecting a rectangle and turning the “Rounded” option ON. Adjust the rounded corner by changing the radius value.
Parking Lot Lines
Convert a line into a modifiable parking lot stall line type. You can set all the stall dimensions and whether stalls are displayed on both sides of the center line. Extend the line to add more stalls.
FARO Zone 2D 2020 and Earlier Release Notes
Refer to the link below for FARO Zone 2D version history information.