Here are some tips to help you if you encounter any issues connecting to a First Look Pro database.
Changing Computer Names
If you change computer names and the First Look Pro database will not open, then you have broken the relationship between the database and the computer. The database cannot find the computer. Follow this procedure to reconnect the database to the computer.
- Go to the default directory: C:\ProgramData\CAD Zone\First Look Pro 5.
- Find the file Preferences.xml.
- From there, find a key value SQL Server Value=OldComputerName.
- Change the value to the new computer name.
Enabling Client Computers to Communicate with the First Look Pro Database on a Network
To be able to push updates from the First Look Pro SQL database to client computers on the network, enable your firewall to allow dynamic ports. Follow this procedure to enable your firewall to allow dynamic ports.
- Go into your firewall and give C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQLServer\MSSQL10_50.SQLCADZONE2\MSSQL\Binn/sqlsrvr.exe permission to use dynamic ports.