Skip to main content
First Look Pro New Server Database Migration
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Main Database Transfer
- Install First Look Pro on the new server.
- Complete the First Run Wizard using the option I just want to try First Look. This will have First Look load in demo mode to ensure that the software is able to run.
- Create a backup of current data from the existing server installation and place on a network location or media device.
- Login to FLP.
- Click Menu Database Tools > Database Management.
- Select the location, and click Backup.
- On the new server, go to menu Database Tools > Database Management.
- Select the backup file created and click Restore.
- After the restore has completed, close the Database Management screen and go to menu Database Tools > Synchronize.
- Click the Setup tab and click Make Master.
- Check the Yes, I want to make this computer a Synchronize Master box and click Commit.
- Client computers do not have a way to know the new server. First Look Pro uses DNS (name resolution) to find the SQL Server instance to connect.
- The new computer can be renamed to the old server name (be sure to re-start SQL Server service).
- FOR DIRECT CONNECT COMPUTERS: Client computers have a "Preferences.xml" file located in default location "C:\Program Data\Cad Zone\First Look Pro 5" directory. There is an entry in xml file named "SQL Server value="OLD_SERVER_NAME". Change this entry to the NEW_SERVER_NAME.
- FOR SYNCHRONIZE COMPUTERS:
- Go to the Database Tools > Database Management menu.
- Click the Setup tab.
- Click the Select Master radio button.
- Enter the NEW_SERVER_NAME into the Select or Enter Computer box.
- Click Find.
- Check the Yes, I want to use the selected computer as my synchronize master box, then click Commit.