The error typically comes up when you have a newer version of Flash on your computer than what is being installed to use GAGE software. The issue is negligible, however can affect the boot up of the GAGE software.
Here are the steps to fix Error 1904:
1. Uninstall the GAGE Software
2. Uninstall the FaroArm Drivers
3. Clean out the FARO Registries
a. Go to Start > Run
b. key in "regedit"
c. Expand the tree to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FARO
d. Highlight the FARO folder, then from the menu, select Edit > Delete
e. Expand the tree to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FARO
f. Highlight the FARO folder, then from the menu select Edit>Delete
g. From the menu, go to File>Exit
4. Go to Google.com and do a search for "uninstall flash player exe". It will take you to an official Adobe site that will uninstall any installations of Flash on your computer. Download this program.
5. Reboot the computer.
6. Install the following program (see link): Download Installer
7a. Install GAGE Software
7b. Near the end of the installation, you may get the 1904 error again. Disregard and finish installation.
8. Install the FaroArm Drivers
9. Open the software. It should connect to the FaroGage.
error, error 1904, crash, gage, flash, 1904