The key for adding comments in a QuickTools program is to click the Record icon to enable the Comments button. Once the button is enabled, you can add comments anywhere in your QuickTools program.
Adding comments to QuickTools programs is a good way to give operators taking measurements important information about the part, how to take measurements, or anything else you want them to know. Comments can help increase the repeatability of your measurement processes.
A QuickTools program records feature definitions, pictures, pointer targets, and instructions that guide operators through a measurement process.Operators can play a QuickTools program at any time and as often as they want. See the Measure 10 Training Manual or Measure 10 User Manuals for details about creating QuickTools programs.
A comment is a text message that the operator sees when the QuickTools program runs. The operator must click OK in the comment before proceeding to the next step.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||5 minutes|
|Skills needed||Ability to create features in Measure|
|Prerequisites||A QuickTools program with a list of features|
|Supported software||Measure 10.x, Measure Q|
- Locate the QuickTools panel on the right side of the screen.
- In the menu, click the Record icon to begin recording changes. The Add Comments icon is enabled.
- Highlight the position where you want the comment to appear.
If you highlight a step in your program, the comment appears before that step. If you highlight the program title, in the example New Program 1, the comment appears at the end of the program.
- Click the Add Comment icon , enter your comment, and click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have added all comments.
- When you are done, in the menu of the QuickTools panel, click the Stop icon to end recording.
- On the File tab, click Save to save your recorded changes.
- In the menu of the QuickTools panel, choose the QuickTools program you were working with and click the Play icon .
- On the step or feature where you added the comment, the Comment dialog box appears. Click OK.
- When you have reviewed all the comments you added, click the Stop icon .
Add pictures and pointers to make your QuickTools program more helpful for operators.
annotations, notes, instructions