Since 1999, FARO® (that acquired kubit in 2015) has been proud to deliver laser scanning, photogrammetry and tachymetry software functionality to its AutoCAD LT® users. Regrettably, we cannot continue AutoCAD LT development support beyond As-Built version 2018.
AutoCAD LT support will no longer be available after As-Built version 2018.
Reasons for Discontinuation
Reasons for discontinuation are diverse and we want to share some closer insights with you:
- FARO software uses LTX software under license from ManuSoft (http://www.manusoft.com) for the required software support, to be able to load and run FARO Software within AutoCAD LT. ManuSoft, the only worldwide provider of technical and legal support, has decided to discontinue their services. The last version that will still be supported is AutoCAD LT 2019.
- The ongoing support of AutoCAD LT restricts FARO development resources. As our AutoCAD® applications continue to become more technically advanced and these functions, such as point cloud support, are not compatible with AutoCAD LT, the decision to discontinue on-going support was determined.
Am I Affected?
You are affected if you use one or several of the following FARO software products under AutoCAD LT with active maintenance or if you plan to renew your expired maintenance contract with intention to use the below products under AutoCAD LT:
- As-Built™ for AutoCAD® Software
- Legacy Products: (replaced by As-Built for AutoCAD):
What are my Options?
- If you want to benefit from new features and bug fixes after As-Built version 2018, we recommend you extend or renew the maintenance of your FARO AutoCAD application and upgrade from AutoCAD LT to AutoCAD via an Autodesk Value Added Reseller. FARO can support you in providing reseller contact data for your region.
- If you do not want to upgrade from AutoCAD LT to AutoCAD, do not extend or renew your maintenance contract for your FARO AutoCAD application. You can still use all versions of FARO AutoCAD applications released in 2018 supporting the latest AutoCAD LT 2019 and older versions. Note: In this case you will not benefit from any bug fixes or new functionality released after As-Built version 2018.
Is there still Software Support Provided?
FARO is dedicated to providing the best services to maximize your technology investment. We will, of course, still offer support to all AutoCAD LT related cases, that effect FARO software versions released prior to and including As-Built version 2018.