What is New
New Feature Showcase
Now you can capture scans using gray scale to provide more contrast and depth-of-field to bring out details.
Additional New Features
- 3D Live View
- Define a probe vector when using angled probes to display the proper orientation on screen
- Remove old dot plate files from the Imager's memory
- Support for Home Switch on the Rotary Table
- Improved capture speed
- Inproved compensation
Who Needs This Upgrade
If your Cobalt was serviced by FARO after 18 May 2018, the latest firmware was installed by the service technician. Check the firmware version number to be sure you have the latest.
Your Cobalt works best when it uses the latest firmware. This upgraded firmware includes enhancements and features that make it easier to get your job done quickly. After you run the firmware installation file, the firmware resides on the Cobalt.
When FARO factory technicians service your Cobalt, they provide all the most recent hardware improvements. They also install the latest firmware to support these improvements.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||30 minutes|
- Click here to download the latest server software. fsv file to the computer you use with the Cobalt.
- It may take a few minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in progress.
When the download is complete, you should see the *Cobalt SDK Server Software X.X.X.X.fsv file in your browser's download folder.
- Copy the .fsv file to your storage media for safe keeping.
- Attach the Cobalt to the computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the Cobalt, using the toggle switch on the power brick next to the power plug.
- The steps to connect the Cobalt to the computer are different depending on which software you are using: CAM2 or Measure 10.
- Open CAM2 and click Devices tab > Device Center.
- In the Device Center window, make sure that the Cobalt is correctly connected to the computer.
If an image of the Cobalt appears and Available appears above the image, the Cobalt is correctly connected. Click the image to display the Information panel. The Cobalt serial number appears in the Serial field. Confirm the serial number.
If an image of the Cobalt does not appear or Unavailable appears above the image, it is not connected. Follow these steps.
- Click + to add a device. The software searches to detect connected devices. Serial numbers of available Cobalt imagers appear in a list. Click the serial number of the imager you want to use.
- An image of the Cobalt appears with Available above it. Click the image to display the Information panel. The Cobalt serial number appears in the Serial field. Confirm the serial number.
- Click Diagnostics in the Tools section in the bottom-right panel. The 3D Imager Diagnostic window appears. Continue by going to Verify the Current Server Version Number.
- Open Measure 10 and click Devices tab > Device Control Panel.
- In the Device Control Panel window make sure that the Cobalt is correctly connected to the computer.
If an image of the Cobalt appears with the serial number in the list on the left, the Cobalt is correctly connected. Select the serial number so that the serial number appears in the Selected Device field. Confirm the serial number and continue by going to Verify the Current Server Version Number.
If an image of the Cobalt does not appear, it is not connected. Follow these steps to connect the Cobalt.
- Click Add New Device > FARO 3D Imager. The software searches to detect connected devices. An image of the Cobalt should appear in the list on the left. If not, click Search to detect available devices, then click Add or enter the serial number and click OK.
- Click Connect and Close.
- An image of the Cobalt appears with its serial number. Select the serial number so that it appears in the Selected Device field. Confirm the serial number.
- Click Diagnostic. The 3D Imager Diagnostic window appears. Continue by going to Verify the Current Server Version Number.
- In the 3D Imager Diagnostic window under Server Version, write down the current version number.
- In the 3D Imager Diagnostic window, on the menu, click System > Update.
- Navigate to where you stored the .fsv file, and select it. The name of the .fsv file should appear in the File Name field. Click Open.
- A window appears to tell you that the Cobalt will disconnect while the server updates.
Note: During the update, the 3D Imager Diagnostic window may go blank while the . You may not see any feedback while the update processes.
- Wait about 3 minutes for the Cobalt to automatically reconnect.
If it does not reconnect, follow the instructions in Connect the Cobalt and Computer.
- Follow the steps for CAM 2 or Measure 10 to go to the Device Center for CAM2 or the Device Control panel for Measure 10 and click Diagnostics. The 3D Imager Diagnostic window appears,
- In the 3D Imager Diagnostic window, under Server Version, compare the version number you wrote down to the number in the Server Version field.
You should see that the version number has changed.
The Cobalt is now ready to be used.