With the Focus 6.3 firmware update, scans are now hashed and cryptographically signed to make it possible to detect whether the recorded scan data has been modified. The hash value of a scan can be manually checked on the scanner GUI's "Scan Properties"page. In addition, the hash and signature of a scan can be verified with the Scan Verification Tool.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||15 minute average depending on the internet connection speed|
|Supported Operating Systems||Microsoft Windows 10, 8,or 7|
|Supported FARO Hardware||
Download the App
- In the Prepare section, check the Supported Operating Systems for compatability before you download the apps.
- Ensure you have administrator privileges on your computer.
- Download the app from the FARO 3D App Center or click the links below.
Install and Run
- Download the app to a folder that you choose.
- Turn off all anti-virus and firewall software.
- Open the folder in Explorer and double-click FSVT_setup_<version>.exe to begin the installation.
- If Windows Defender warns it is an unrecognized app, click More Info.
Click Run Anyway.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to extract the archive and click Extract. The files will unpack in the folder. When the extraction finishes, the installation is complete.
- Turn anti-virus and firewall software back on.
- Double-click FSVT.exe in the extraction folder to start the app.
- Firmware and Installation Instructions for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- User Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Quick Start Guides for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Internet Connection Issues when Upgrading the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350 Firmware
- Technical Specification Sheet for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Technical Specification Sheet for SCENE, SCENE Capture, and SCENE Process
- User Manuals for FARO SCENE
hash tool, verify scan, signature, detect scan alteration, download, install