This article provides the procedure on how to connect to the Quantum series FaroArm®/ScanArm or Gage* via Bluetooth using Windows 10.
*Gage-Basic models do not support Bluetooth.
Depending on your FaroArm model, enabling Bluetooth is as follows:
Quantum Max /Gage Max
Quantum Max and Gage Max models are not equipped with external buttons (only indicators) to enable or disable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. These communications methods can only be set via the FaroArm Manager utility.
Quantum / Gage
Quantum and Gage models are equipped with buttons on the rear of the unit to enable or disable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. Simply press the button to toggle the desired communication method on/off.
Note: You may also enable or disable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth via the FaroArm Manager, see the Quantum Max /Gage Max section above for this method.
Pairing the Device
- On your PC, click Start and then Settings.
- Click Devices.
- Under Bluetooth & other devices, ensure Bluetooth is turned on and click, Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Under Add a device, click Bluetooth.
- Find your FaroArm on the list by its serial number, located on the device.
- Enter the PIN 'faro' and click Connect.
- Your device should be paired and ready to go. Click Done.
Finding the Device in FaroArm Manager
- Return to the Bluetooth & other devices window. On the right hand side of the page, click Devices and printers.
- On the next window, under the Unspecified section, locate your FaroArm by its serial number.
- Right-click and select Properties, then in the Services tab, take note of which serial port is being used, likely COM3 or COM4. Click OK.
Note: The port number can be different for everyone, depending on how many Bluetooth devices are being used. If multiple ports are listed, use the "outgoing" port.
- Open FaroArm Manager. If you don't have this software installed, click here to download and install the latest driver.
- On the bottom right, click the Adapters drop down menu and select Bluetooth.
NOTE: Once Adapter drop-down is toggled to Bluetooth, unplug the USB cable.
- Under Devices, use the drop down menu to select the COM port.
- Click the + icon to connect to the FaroArm.
- You should be prompted by the FaroArm manager that your Bluetooth is now connected.
If the serial number of arm is not shown (as an indication of a successful Bluetooth connection), please restart PC.